Sarasota Ridesharing Accident Attorney
Car accident lawyers you can count on after your Uber accident or Lyft accident
Have you been hurt in a ridesharing car accident in Sarasota? Were you a passenger in an Uber car? Or maybe a Lyft driver crashed into your car? Whatever the circumstances of your car crash, you need a Sarasota ridesharing accident lawyer who understands the law and knows how to get results. You need Farrow & Pulice, Attorneys at Law.
For more than two decades, our accident attorneys have been fighting for the rights of people injured in car accidents in Sarasota and throughout Southwestern Florida. We’re familiar with the laws that apply to ridesharing accidents in Florida and what approach often makes the most sense. That’s why we want to meet with you. We want to help.
How did your ridesharing car accident happen?
Along with Uber and Lyft, many ridesharing companies operate in Florida, including Carma, Ola and Didi. Whatever car you were riding in – or the other driver was driving – car crashes involving ridesharing drivers in Florida can be very complicated. That’s why it’s important to talk to a Florida ridesharing accident attorney familiar with these types of accidents. Some of the most common causes of accidents involving ridesharing drivers include:
- Distracted driving – Whether the Uber or Lyft driver was looking at the app while driving or dealing with a GPS on the road, distracted driving remains one of the most common causes of car accidents caused by ridesharing drivers.
- Speeding – Ridesharing drivers sometimes drive fast in order to squeeze in a few extra rides. The result? Accidents happen due to speeding drivers.
- Inexperienced drivers – Unlike commercial taxi drivers, you don’t need a special driver’s license to be an Uber, Lyft or other type of ridesharing driver. As a result, inexperienced Uber or Lyft drivers sometimes cause serious crashes.
- Falling asleep at the wheel – In an effort to make as much money as possible, some ridesharing drivers work extremely long hours – and fall asleep at the wheel, causing a serious crash.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol – Like other drivers, rideshare drivers sometimes operate motor vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol. As a result, their reactions times slow down or they lose control of their car, causing a crash.
Is this how your ridesharing accident happened in Florida? Or are you dealing with another type of crash? Whatever the circumstances of your collision in Sarasota, we want to help you get the financial compensation you rightfully deserve for your accident-related expenses.
You have rights. Our Sarasota ridesharing accident lawyers can fight for them.
Ridesharing accidents in Florida can be complicated for many different reasons. The Uber or Lyft driver who caused your crash might deny causing your accident. They might try to blame you somehow. Or they might not realize the implications of being a freelance contractor instead of an employee.
Car insurance claims involving accidents caused by ridesharing drivers can be complicated, too. Rideshare drivers must obtain additional, supplemental car insurance, but there are also many technical issues when it comes to these accidents, including:
- Was the rideshare driver’s app on at the time of the accident?
- Was the rideshare driver en route to pick up a passenger?
- Did the rideshare driver not have a passenger at the time of the crash?
No matter what the circumstances, most insurance companies and their attorneys will often do everything they can to reduce or deny your ridesharing accident claim. That’s why you need us on your side, fighting for your rights.
Whether you were driving another car, a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, a pedestrian or a cyclist, we can help you demand the justice you deserve. We know what evidence to look for. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies. If they refuse to cooperate, we can file a ridesharing accident lawsuit for you.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with a Sarasota ridesharing accident lawyer you can trust. Speak with an attorney at Farrow & Pulice, Attorneys at Law.