Learn What to Do After a Florida Car Accident - Call Farrow & Pulice Now If You Have Questions
An auto accident can leave you stunned and upset or, worse, in dire need of medical attention. Even a seemingly "minor" car crash can have serious physical, emotional and financial repercussions lasting years after your accident. Having a clear plan of action in place gives you important guidelines to protect your health and your legal rights.
At Farrow & Pulice, our attorneys recommend taking the following steps immediately following your car accident in Bradenton, Sarasota, or anywhere else across Southwestern Florida:
- Remain safe - Put your hazard lights on, set out warning cones or move your cars to the shoulder if the accident is minor.
- Obtain a police report - Call the police to investigate the accident and provide you with a police report.
- Get medical care immediately - Because Florida's statute of limitations imposes a deadline for reporting your personal injuries, you must seek medical treatment within 14 days of your accident.
- Photograph the accident scene - To preserve your legal rights, take pictures of the scene, including cars involved in the wreck, skid marks, debris, distance to traffic signals and other relevant evidence.
- Write down your recollection of the events - So you can better remember what transpired, record such information as the weather, your observations of the other driver (such as if he or she appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and caused a drunk driving accident), missing signs, road construction and other information about what occurred before, during and after the auto crash.
- Exchange insurance and contact information - Make sure you have the other driver's insurance information to provide to your attorney and insurance agency.
- Contact your insurance company - Most auto insurance contracts have a deadline for filing your claim, so be sure to notify your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible.
- Consult an attorney - A qualified car accident lawyer can advise you on your legal rights and protect your interests.
Contact Farrow & Pulice Today To Learn More
At Farrow & Pulice, our knowledgeable Sarasota car accident attorneys have over 50 years of combined experienced protecting the rights of those who have been injured or lost loved ones in car accidents. For immediate assistance, don't hesitate to contact our firm today at 866-408-1220 for a free case evaluation.